Queen of All Saints
Knights of Columbus
Other upcoming events:
- Blood Drives for 2021: See calendar of Activities above
- Fifth Sundays in 2022: Jan 30, May 29, Jul 31, Oct 30 – 2021
- Annual Dinner – June 26th, 2022 All Knights and Ladies are invited
(This event is free to all members and their guest)
- Retreat at the White House : Sept. 16 thru 19, 2022
|Columbia Magazine :|
|Missouri K of C site:|
|Fourth Degree Assembly site:|
- Mathew Moore was installed as Deputy Grand Knight by our DD Steve McMullen. Congratulate him when you see him. Congratulations Matt!!!
- Tapped and Uncorked: Mike Kurkowski gave an overview of the results. Nearly 800 participants with just under $25,000 collected. Net results will be around $8,000 after all the expenses are submitted. Mike received the Knight of the Month award for all his hard work in co-coordinating and running the project. Stacy Greunke and family received the Family of the Month award as appreciation for their work in decorating etc to make the venue outstanding for the participants.
- Nativity setup will be on November 27th, the Saturday after Thanksgiving. A sign up sheet will be available in the next couple of weeks for YOUR participation
- The Essay contest was very successful with 31 8th grade entries from both the school and PSR programs. The faculty paired down the to the best 9 entries and those 9 were graded by us down to the top three winners. The results will be announced at the October 29 8:15 all school mass. Any Knights available should plan on attending the mass to hear the results. . Prizes are Visa gift cards in the amounts of $75 1st place, $50 2nd place and $25 for 3rd place*
- The membership drive this past weekend garnered at least 1 new member, Tim Anderson, who was voted in at the meeting. There was a great deal of interest from a number of other parishioners with hopefully more members to come in the near future.
- Mike Amad spoke about the success and wonderful retreat we had at the White House retreat center in mid September. There were a total of 42 attendees with 29 coming from our council and the parish. Next years retreat ill be on September 15 thru 18, 2022.
- Kevin Niewoehner spoke about the large number or Knights and parishioners who support the 40 Days for Life prayer service at Planned Parenthood. There were many more attendees than in past years. Many thanks to all who attended.
The Developmental Disabilities (tootsie roll ) drive is being held on October 15, 16 and 17. This is another event where we need all of the brothers to come together as there are many time slots to fill. Venues are at the Walmart exit, Dirt Cheap and Handyman hardware. Glen Siemer and Bruce Bange spoke about the need for all to sign up so we can make this a successful event. You can sign up HERE or from the link on our home page at qaskofc.com
- Eric Treptow mention Dick Blowers, a long time member or our order who was also a member of the Knights Clown club for many years has been moved to Manor Grove. He would appreciate visits from us. Contact Eric and he will coordinate the bisit.
- Tim Buback our Insurance agent presented the Founders Award to the council for having a large percentage of the council as insurance members.
- Steve McMullen requested and received a blessing from Fr. Detweiler for our jewels which the officers wear at meeting. He also presented us with the RIB (Religious Information Bureau) award for being a 125% council which means we paid 125% of the amount the RIB requested for furtherance of their work.
- Chris Nelms mentioned the blood drive this past weekend was a success with 33 participants. The next drive is December 5th and he is hoping for a 50 pint participation. So bare those arms and save a life.
On Sunday the 17th, there is a fundraising banquet benefiting Our Lady of Guadalupe for Life and its billboard witness. It begins with Mass at 4:30 at Orlando’s at 4300 Hoffmeister Ave. Archbishop Naumann is the main speaker for this event also. You’ll need to call to get more information or to make reservations at either 314-487-2066 or 314-920-1212.
- The Missouri Right to Life’s annual banquet is being held Thursday, November 18th at Orlando’s in north county. Keynote speaker is Missouri Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft. Please call 314-434-9900 for more information or to make reservations or go to their website https://www.
The annual Archdiocesan Respect Life Apostolate convention is Sunday, October 17th at the Ritz Carlton hotel in Clayton, MO. It begins at 9:30am with Mass, and ends around 4pm. The convention is free, but the luncheon is $50. The luncheon keynote speaker is Archbishop Joseph Naumann of Kansas City KSQuestions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-
792-7555. More details here:
- Prayers for the Good of the Order, their family member or those no longer with us: Our prayers do make a difference: Click Here
Upcoming Pro–Life Events
Daily prayers and reflections are available online . You may also sign up for email or text message alerts or download the app from the USCCB by clicking here. Even if you can’t physically join the witness for life in DC, you can spiritually participate from anywhere!
Interested in becoming a Knight?
Please check with your friends who are not members and ask if they have any interest in becoming a Knight. Everyone is encouraged to recruit new members. Please contact Luke Walsh with their names and phone numbers and e-Mail address.
Combined Degree Exemplification:
The First, Second and Third degrees will now take place at the same time. All three degrees are also available online. This applies to anyone who currently only have their first degree. 1st Degree Knights may take their 2nd and 3rd degrees online. For Information contact either Luke Walsh or Bruce Bange.
FOURTH DEGREE – is at the Airport Hilton Hotel, 1:00 pm. September 11, 2021 Contact any officer if you have any interest or questions about the degree.
Pro-Life Mass and Prayer Vigil
Third Saturday of the Month The Archdiocesan Pro-Life Committee sponsors a Mass and Prayer Vigil on the third Saturday of every month that the Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis (Lindell & Newstead, in the Central West End). Entitled ‘Helpers of God’s Precious Infants’, the Mass begins at 8:00am and is followed by exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. Immediately thereafter the rosary procession/witness begins and proceeds from the Cathedral to the Planned Parenthood Abortion facility. My Brother Knights all; This is a very effective way to serve God, His Church, and the K of C in support of the Sanctity of Human Life at ALL STAGES. This public, prayerful witness is an affirmation to Life and a visible sign against the pervading culture of death in our societyJoin US!!!
Third Saturday of the month- 8:00am – Cathedral Basilica on Lindell Blvd:
The Celebrant at the Helper’s of God’s Precious Infants Mass & will lead rosary procession to Planned Parenthood after Mass that commemorates the tragic anniversary of the Roe v. Wade/Doe v. Bolton SCOTUS decisions in 1973. For more information: CLICK HERE
Fifth Sundays in 2021: Jan 31, May 30, Aug 29 and Oct 31
Fifth Sundays are supported by the Knights as a way to celebrate mass with your family and brother Knights. We try to fill all the mass ministries by providing hospitality, lector and music ministry positions during the 9:00 am mass. Otherwise please join us.
Please remember our Priests in your prayers and remember them as they celebrate these special times in their lives: In case you don’t know these dates here they are:
Anniversary of: Birthday Ordination
Msgr Simon August 6 May 29
Fr. Kunz January 11 May 24
Fr. Thess August 31 May 27
Fr. Fallon February 14 May 26
Fr. Fonseca June 17 May 23
Msgr Breier July 11 May 28
Fr. Waldman Feb 20 May 24
Fr. Philipp Aug 12 May 27
Fr. Hambrough Feb 24 Dec 14
Fr. Detwiler August 31, May 29
Fourth Degree Section
Monthly fourth degree meetings of the St. Louis Assembly held are on the second Wednesday of each month Seven Holy Founders (6741 S. Rock Hill Rd.) at 7:30 p.m. The Honor Guard mtg. and regular Fourth Degree meetings are combined.
Get your 2nd and 3rd degree if you don’t have them and plan on attending the fourth degree. it is the patriotic degree of the order and a beautiful ceremony. . God Bless You, and thank you for your dedication and service.