Queen of All Saints
Knights of Columbus
Other upcoming events:
- Blood Drives for 2021: See calendar of Activities above
- Fifth Sundays in 2021: Jan 31, May 30, Aug 29, Oct 31 – 2021
- Annual Dinner – June 26th, 2022 All Knights and Ladies are invited
(This event is free to all members and their Ladies)
- Retreat at the White House : Sept. 16 thru 19, 2021
|Columbia Magazine :|
|Missouri K of C site:|
|Fourth Degree Assembly site:|
- The meeting was held beginning at 7:15 with the rosary.
We are losing our cook. John C. will not be able to continue due to work schedule conflicts. Anyone wishing to either cook or at just co-ordinate the meal for the meetings is encouraged to call Luke Walsh (email@example.com), our new Grand Knight.
If your address, Phone or email changes, please notify Bruce so I can change our records
- New Officers were installed by our DD Steve McMullen for the next fiscal year Please congratulate Your new officers are:
GK Luke Walsh
Chancellor Mike Amad
Recorder Kevin Niewoehner
Treasurer Frank Deame
Advocate Greg Tolcou
Warden Jim Hedgecoth
Inside Guard Ralph Glaza
Outside Guard Bret Keeven
Trustee 1 Rich Mantia
Trustee 2 Chris Nelms
Trustee 3 Mike Madras
- Tapped and Uncorked – Mike Kurkowski spoke about the event. Most notably there will be no inside events due to potential Covid restrictions. There will be no Schnucks wine tasting, Beer school and no VIP. Prices are $15 for designated driver and $40 for all other tickets. Sign ups are listed on the home page. We expect to need more volunteers due to the shortage of workers our vendors have currently so we will need as much help as we can get in serving food especially.
- The Annual Dinner June 27 was a great success. Thanks to all who attended. Next year the date for the dinner will be June 26th, 2022 6 pm. Please mark your calendars accordingly. The event is free to the membership and their significant other.
- Eric Treptow thanked those who helped with the parking lot repairs and the Associate living quarters rehab. He will be setting up a date shortly to finish the parking lot project.
- Annual White House retreat – Mike Amad spoke about the upcoming retreat on September 16-19. The White House has increased the number of participants available this year to 65. There are currently 39 in total signed up for the retreat so there is still ROOM FOR YOU.
Please get your reservations in to either Mike Amad (846-0200 firstname.lastname@example.org), Chris Nelms (846-4786 email@example.com) or Bruce Bange (846-6388 or firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as you can.
- Budget – The new proposed budget is announced. Links for it are on the top of this page and on the website home page. All members are encouraged to review and budget and let Bruce or Luke know of any changes you feel need to be made. There will be a vote at the August meeting to approve it. Having an approved budget means less meeting time is spent on getting approval for individual expenses items if they are on the approved budget.
- There is a District Meeting on July 31 at Seven Holy Founders at 9 am. Officers are encouraged to attend.
- New members Josh Newhouse and Matt Moore were in attendance and are very much welcome. Thanks for joining and please get involved.
- Luke made mention of activities which are forthcoming for the Parish 50th anniversary next year.
*July 16, 2022 will be a mass and dinner at Royal Orleans for the parish—Adults only
*August 27, 2022 will be a family night out where families can celebrate
* HELP is needed with updating the Historical book of the parish
- Kevin Niewoehner spoke about Our Lady of Guadalupe Convent – They are opening the convent and chapel for adoration and mass for the parish on August 27. Due to the size of the chapel there can be only 8 attendee’s. Kevin has 3 and is in need of 5 more who can attend. 11 am Adoration 12 pm Mass. Contact Kevin if you would like to attend 314-488-6307
Prayers for the Good of the Order, their family member or those no longer with us: Our prayers do make a difference: Click Here
- The meeting was held beginning at 7:15 with the rosary.
Upcoming Pro–Life Events
Daily prayers and reflections are available online . You may also sign up for email or text message alerts or download the app from the USCCB by clicking here. Even if you can’t physically join the witness for life in DC, you can spiritually participate from anywhere!
Interested in becoming a Knight?
Please check with your friends who are not members and ask if they have any interest in becoming a Knight. Everyone is encouraged to recruit new members. Please contact Luke Walsh with their names and phone numbers and e-Mail address.
Combined Degree Exemplification:
The First, Second and Third degrees will now take place at the same time. All three degrees are also available online. This applies to anyone who currently only have their first degree. 1st Degree Knights may take their 2nd and 3rd degrees online. For Information contact either Luke Walsh or Bruce Bange.
FOURTH DEGREE – is at the Airport Hilton Hotel, 1:00 pm. September 11, 2021 Contact any officer if you have any interest or questions about the degree.
Pro-Life Mass and Prayer Vigil
Third Saturday of the Month The Archdiocesan Pro-Life Committee sponsors a Mass and Prayer Vigil on the third Saturday of every month that the Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis (Lindell & Newstead, in the Central West End). Entitled ‘Helpers of God’s Precious Infants’, the Mass begins at 8:00am and is followed by exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. Immediately thereafter the rosary procession/witness begins and proceeds from the Cathedral to the Planned Parenthood Abortion facility. My Brother Knights all; This is a very effective way to serve God, His Church, and the K of C in support of the Sanctity of Human Life at ALL STAGES. This public, prayerful witness is an affirmation to Life and a visible sign against the pervading culture of death in our societyJoin US!!!
Third Saturday of the month- 8:00am – Cathedral Basilica on Lindell Blvd:
The Celebrant at the Helper’s of God’s Precious Infants Mass & will lead rosary procession to Planned Parenthood after Mass that commemorates the tragic anniversary of the Roe v. Wade/Doe v. Bolton SCOTUS decisions in 1973. For more information: CLICK HERE
Fifth Sundays in 2021: Jan 31, May 30, Aug 29 and Oct 31
Fifth Sundays are supported by the Knights as a way to celebrate mass with your family and brother Knights. We try to fill all the mass ministries by providing hospitality, lector and music ministry positions during the 9:00 am mass. Otherwise please join us.
Please remember our Priests in your prayers and remember them as they celebrate these special times in their lives: In case you don’t know these dates here they are:
Anniversary of: Birthday Ordination
Msgr Simon August 6 May 29
Fr. Kunz January 11 May 24
Fr. Thess August 31 May 27
Fr. Fallon February 14 May 26
Fr. Fonseca June 17 May 23
Msgr Breier July 11 May 28
Fr. Waldman Feb 20 May 24
Fr. Philipp Aug 12 May 27
Fr. Hambrough Feb 24 Dec 14
Fr. Detwiler August 31, May 29
Fourth Degree Section
Monthly fourth degree meetings of the St. Louis Assembly held are on the second Wednesday of each month Seven Holy Founders (6741 S. Rock Hill Rd.) at 7:30 p.m. The Honor Guard mtg. and regular Fourth Degree meetings are combined.
Get your 2nd and 3rd degree if you don’t have them and plan on attending the fourth degree. it is the patriotic degree of the order and a beautiful ceremony. . God Bless You, and thank you for your dedication and service.