Who was Fr. John?
Father John Hallemann was the 1st chaplain of QAS Knights of Columbus Council 10136. Father John was our chaplain for 13 years. He was senior associate pastor of Queen of All Saints Parish in Oakville from 1992-2004 and retired, with residence at Queen of All Saints Parish, in 2004. He died on February 28, 2017. He was very supportive of the QAS Knights of Columbus! This is why we named our Vocation investment fund after Fr. John.
The Primary Purpose of the Fr. John Fund:
To financially support individuals entering the seminary, religious life and the diaconate.
- Seminarians: Undergraduate: $1,000 per semester per the Supreme RSVP program.
- Supreme reimburses $200.00 per $1,000.00 donations to seminarians.
- Seminarians: Master Theological Studies: $500.00 per semester
- Diaconate: Cost of books and supplies.
Note: The Edward Jones Investment Account – Fr. John Fund – is not used as a checking account. It is strictly an investment account with a conservative portfolio. The actual financial support paid to student seminarians and deaconate individuals are paid and funded out of the K of C regular checking account.
How are Funds Added:
10% monies raised from qualified fundraisers are deposited into the Fr. John Investment Fund.
Current Qualified Fundraisers examples:
- Fish Fry
- Tapped & Uncorked
- Basketball Tournament
EXEMPT Fundraisers / Income:
- Developmental Disabilities Drive (Tootsie Roll Drive)
- Roses For Life
- Annual Dues
- Interest Earned
- Vocations Refunds